The pregnancy is a magical time in a woman's life. But, after a certain stage of pregnancy, some more radical changes occur in the female body, resulting in weight gain and also the appearance of stretch marks in pregnancy .
Appearance of stretch marks in pregnancy
They appear as red or pink specks in the abdomen, the breasts, buttocks and thighs. The stretch marks in pregnancy are injuries that occur by disruption of the elastic fibers of the skin , stretching and form some tags: are stretch marks.
Causes of stretch marks in pregnancy
Experts say the causes of the appearance of stretch marks in pregnancy are genetic. For example, if your mother or sister had stretch marks during pregnancy, you will have a greater likelihood of having too. Therefore, not all women develop stretch marks during pregnancy , but it is estimated that 80% of them, stretch marks appear.
Furthermore, the hormones may affect the protein balance of the skin, causing it to be more delicate. Despite being common, there are some ways to mitigate the problems of stretch marks in pregnancy .
How to prevent stretch marks in pregnancy
- Check the weight : the development of stretch marks in pregnancy happens because the skin is forced to stretch rapidly. then the structure is broken. Thus, it is common during pregnancy have a very rapid increase in weight.
Look eat foods rich in vitamin C, E and Zinc, which stimulate the production of collagen and proteins. Therefore, controlling the feed and get the right foods is essential. In fact, a healthy and balanced diet will bring much benefits for you and the baby.
- Moisturize skin : Besides drinking plenty of water to keep skin hydrated in a natural way, try some creams and oils based grape seed, urea, collagen and elastin, which can help maintain skin integrity.
It is noteworthy that they are allies, but no other care alone probably will not bring results. Honey is a great natural moisturizer and can be used while bathing.
- Exercise : besides helping to maintain weight, do light exercises such as walking, activate circulation . This causes streaks in pregnancy can be prevented.
Treatments for stretch marks in pregnancy
For those who could not prevent and ended up with stretch marks, there are cosmetic treatments that can help to give a better appearance to the affected region. Know which treatments for stretch marks in pregnancy can help:
- Carboxitherapy : in each of the grooves, is carbon dioxide injected through a fine needle. With this, improves blood circulation and stimulates the local production of collagen.
- Peel : the peeling smoothly removes the top layer of skin and then cell turnover occurs, causing a new skin arising on site. You can also, after doing the peeling, apply an acid on site (chemical peel).
- CO2 Fractional Laser : The laser beam creates an inflammatory process in place, which stimulates the formation of elastin and collagen, promotes skin renewal.
- Fill with hyaluronic acid : hyaluronic acid is injected into the entire length of the groove , improving the appearance of the affected area.